1. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA?
In accordance with current regulations, we inform you that the personal data you may provide while using the web www.defensordelpueblo.es (hereafter “the Web”) will be processed by the Controller of the DEFENSOR DEL PUEBLO located in C/Zurbano, 42, 28010 – Madrid as set out both in the current data-protection rules and the Instrucción del Defensor del Pueblo of 20 May 2015 (BOE 13 July 2015) establishing the procedure for citizens to obtain information about their personal data free of charge while exercising their rights in relation to such processing.
You can contact the Data Protection Delegate of the DEFENSOR DEL PUEBLO at the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. IS IT MANDATORY TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA?
Visiting the Web does not require that the user provides any personal information on a mandatory basis. However, the use of certain services available on the Web relies on filling in a form with personal information.Data requested in the different forms of the Web is necessary to provide the requested services.Therefore, if the user refuses to give data deemed necessary, it may prove impossible to adequately provide the required service. Moreover, data can be given on a voluntary basis so that these services are provided in an optimal way. Similarly, certain features of the Web are dependent on your approval for the processing of personal data.
3. WITH WHAT PURPOSE WILL THE DEFENSOR DEL PUEBLO PROCESS THE PERSONAL DATA OF THE USER AND FOR HOW LONG?
The personal data delivered for the provision of the various services available on the Website will be processed by the DEFENSOR DEL PUEBLO, according with the following purposes:
- In the case of TU QUEJA /YOUR COMPLAINT (https://www.defensordelpueblo.es/tu-queja/01-description/) the purpose is to file the complaint where the user requests help with the defence of fundamental rights and public freedoms.
- In the case of CONSULTA TU QUEJA/CHECK YOUR COMPLAINT (https://www.defensordelpueblo.es/area-privada/) the purpose is to manage the access of users to their private area.
- In the case of SOLICITA LAS CLAVES DE ACCESO/ REQUEST ACCESS CODE (https://www.defensordelpueblo.es/area-privada/solicita-claves-acceso/) the purpose is to register users to enable a detailed follow-up of their complaint.
- In the case in which the user provides an email address, the purpose will be to answer the submitted application.
- In the case of SUSCRIPCIÓN AL BOLETÍN DE NOVEDADES/ SUBSCRIPTION TO THE NEWSLETTER, the purpose will be to send our newsletter to the email address provided by the user.
- In the case of SERVICIOS DE ATENCIÓN TELEFÓNICA/ TELEPHONE ASSISTANCE SERVICES, calls directed to Customer Service of the DEFENSOR DEL PUEBLO may be recorded to ensure quality of service, and the purposes that depend on the citizen’s submitted application will be in line with the aforementioned purposes.
When you request any of the services or make use of the features indicated, you will be offered more detailed information about specific processing of data
4. FOR HOW LONG WILL THE DEFENSOR DEL PUEBLO PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
The User’s data shall be preserved for as long as it is necessary for the defence of fundamental rights and public freedoms.
Once the provision of this service has concluded, your data will be kept for the period established in the regulations to determine the possible liabilities that may arise from it.
In the case of call recording for quality purposes, the maximum storage time will be six months.
5. WHAT CATEGORIES OF USER DATA WILL BE PROCESSED BY THE DFENSOR DEL PUEBLO?
The personal data required for the provision of services available on the Web will be specified on the corresponding form provided for this purpose.
6. WHICH IS THE LAWFULNESS OF THE PROCESSING OF USER DATA?
The processing of User data by the DEFENSOR DEL PUEBLO is based on the User’s request for services available on the Web or, when applicable, on consent given for specific purposes and can be withdrawn at any time.
However, if you withdraw your consent, this shall not affect the lawfulness of the processings carried out previously.
7. TO WHICH RECIPIENTS WILL WE TRANSFER USER’S DATA?
Personal data shall not be transferred to third parties unless it is needed for the defence of fundamental rights and public freedoms or in the case the user has expressly accepted to share data.
In the case of submitting a complaint, your data could be transferred to other competent Spanish public administrations, as well as to other commissioners – regional and foreign – which could incur in an international transfer of data among competent countries concerning your request.
8. WHAT IS THE USER’S RESPONSIBILITY?
The User shall be responsible for the data provided to the DEFENSOR DEL PUEBLO to be true, exact, complete and up to date.
In this sense, the User will respond to the truthfulness of all the data provided and will have to properly update this information, in such a way that it applies to the real situation.
Likewise, the User will be responsible for all the false or inaccurate information given on the Website and for the subsequent direct or indirect damages that might be caused to the DEFENSOR DEL PUEBLO or third parties.
9. WHAT ARE THE USER’S RIGHTS?
You can send a statement or written letter to the DEFENSOR DEL PUEBLO headquarters or by email address at email@example.com , with the Reference “Data Protection”, attaching a photocopy of your passport or ID, at any given moment and free of charge to:
- Revoke the consent that was granted.
- Access personal data.
- Rectify inaccurate or incomplete data.
- Request your data to be deleted when, among other reasons, the data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected in the first place.
- Obtain from the DEFENSOR DEL PUEBLO the restriction of the processing of data when some of the conditions are met in the data-protection rules.
- Request the portability of your data.
- Bring a complaint before the Spanish Agency for Data Protection (www.agpd.es ) when the data subject considers that the DEFENSOR DEL PUEBLO has violated his/her rights recognized under the applicable data-protection rules.
10. IS IT SAFE TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA?
The DEFENSOR DEL PUEBLO will at all times process the User’s data in accordance with the provisions of the applicable regulation, adopting technical and organizational measures to guarantee the security of your data and to avoid its alteration, loss, unauthorized processing or access, taking into account the state of the art, the nature of the stored data and the risks to which they are exposed.
Last updated: 7 June 2018